The Danish Meat Trade College has in cooperation with customers developed some high level educational programs which combine the knowledge of tools for production optimization with economic, strategic and managerial tools to the customer’s specific needs.
We have built up long term relationships with meat companies worldwide over the years, and provide improvement of profitability among other by changing mind set and understanding of importance of yield optimization and efficiency in production on manager level. It is our experience that you will find “gold” on the production floor, if you know what to look for.
Our focus is to provide the participants with practical knowledge and understanding of production techniques in a meat production department as a foundation for understanding of the management tools for yield optimization and lean in production such as:
• To obtain knowledge and understanding of various other aspects of the production process, which influence quality, yield and profitability
• Practical knowledge of slaughter and deboning techniques
• Understanding how to analyze efficiency of yield and quality control systems
• Understanding the technical aspects of slaughter, de-boning and their influence on overall production and economy
• Obtaining knowledge of the methods to optimize meat production
• Being able to evaluate the operational chain in a full context with a purpose to reduce sub-optimizing
• Understanding HACCP and own check systems in order to evaluate existing systems
To increase profitability the education and training is designed for personnel e.g.:
• General Managers
• Floor Managers
• Key personnel
We also provide training of staff from suppliers of technology, tools and services to the meat industry – knowing the meat business better…. makes better sales people. To hold a knife in your hand, to debone half a pig carcass, and get the knowledge of the meat is a huge eye opener.
The training activities take place at The Danish Meat Trade College’s facilities or at client’s premises abroad.
When training takes place at our residence we can offer full board and accommodation at our hotel and conference center Octavia.
The Danish Meat Trade College has full scale practical training facilities for meat production:
• Training slaughterhouse (4,000 m2) build 2011
• Meat processing facilities for sausage, smoked and cured products
• Retail butcher and food shop
Management training for more information about managers training programmes.
Click in the link below for watching video produced by the Meat Trades Journal in 2013 about the Danish Meat Trade College: http://www.globalmeatnews.com/Industry-Markets/The-Danish-Meat-Trade-College
Find more details about possibilities to increase profitability.
Project Manager Karen Wahlgreen
Tel.: +45 41721020
The Danish Meat Trade College